Free access to full-text articles available in online databases, mainly in the sciences:
- HighWire Press – The largest collection of free, online science articles.
- Directory of Open Access Journals – An index of free, online journals available to the public.
- arXiv.org – Cornell University’s online database to science journals and articles.
- Information Bridge – Your connection for science, technology, and engineering from the Department of Energy.
- NIST Virtual Library – National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- PubMed Central – Biomedical and life sciences information from the National Library of Medicine.
Cassell, K. and Hiremath, U. (2013) Reference and Information Services: An introduction (3rd ed.). Chicago: Neal-Shuman.